Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Baby Bonanza


Since November, I've been meeting weekly with a wonderful group of moms and babies.  The core, consistent group is about 15 moms with babies born between March and December 2011.  Most of us became acquainted through prenatal and mommy-and-me yoga classes, birthing class, and/or work relations.

Thursday morning coffee is a highlight for me each week.  I've loved getting to know the other moms and watching the little ones grow.  Having spent time with all these great moms and babies, I wanted to do something to have a chance to meet all the dads who I knew must be great as well. So Matt and I decided to host a brunch for the families. 

In our little house, we had 14 babies and 27 parents!! It was a full house indeed.  The brunch went so well.  I think everyone had a good time, and it was easy to host because everyone chipped in.  Everyone contributed delicious food and willingly brought their own dishes and utensils which made our cleanup a breeze (thanks again ya'll!).  I felt I was truly hosting a legit brunch when 3 airpots of coffee arrived, meaning I didn't have to brew coffee one pot at a time all morning long (THANK YOU Sara!!).

Here are the pictures taken with our camera (you can click on a picture to go to the full album):



I was so astonished at the number of people fitting in my house that I kept trying to capture the essence of the masses in my photos--not sure I succeeded.  Because I was so focused on that,  I didn't take any pictures of the beautiful spread of food--what a shame! It was gorgeous.  The amazing food array included scrumptious muffins, decadent homemade cinnamon rolls, delicious quiches inspired by Chef Matthew, yummy coffee cakes and breads, and over-the-top, Martha Stewart style strawberry shortcake (good work, Kerry!), just to name a few.

Our friends David and Leah got some great shots of the babies.  Here is the link to their pictures:

What a fun, special, memorable morning that was!  Thanks so much for coming everyone. Let's do it again!