Wednesday, June 05, 2013

May

Before we left for our WA trip, a lot happened in May that I wanted to share and just never got around to.  So, here it all is in one fell swoop.

Birthday Boy
The most exciting event was that Isaac turned two!  We celebrated in low-key style this year.  We opened presents from grandparents at home as they arrived.  There seemed to be a theme in this year's presents--things that GO!  We made a cake and invited two little friends (and their mom) over to help us indulge.  And that was about it.  It was fun to celebrate our precious little boy.  I still can't believe he's two.

He's very proud of his new trike from Gramps and Grandma M.E.
beep beep


Tonka truck from Nana and Grandpa
tractor from Gran and Papa Rudy

cars from mom and dad

He blew out his own candles this year.  I guess Matt and I were pretty excited.


Our 2-yr old!
What could be better birthday fun than jumping on the bed?
Whoa, flying feet!

New Family Member
In May, we also adopted our dog, Duhgus ("doo-gus").  He's about 2.5 years old and is a really sweet dog.  Isaac loves having a pal around the house all the time, and Matt is enjoying having another companion to take on walks and hikes.  I'm adjusting to doggie footprints all over my floor.  At least he cleans up the crumbs under Isaac's seat at the table.  Doogie is fitting in well with the fam.



Hiking
We enjoyed our first hike of the season at Half Moon Lake.  We've done the hike several times but never this early in the spring.  It was quite enjoyable.  It did make me realize how muted spring is here.  There is not an abundance of green or flowers.  It was still nice to be out.


ALL of my boys



love my little hiking partner

No comments:

Post a Comment